Ever have those days (Or maybe weeks, or maybe months---perhaps even years!) where you are in a funk and you just can’t get out of it? I totally get it. Those days for me happen on rainy, dreary, sleepy days. (I’m sunshine, summer girl;)).
The funny thing is-- I wake up on rainy days and the first thing I think is “Gahh what a bummer! Where’s the sun?? I wanted to go to the beach, go for a bike ride, do yoga outside jump in the pool! Blah this stinks.” And the rest of my day turns out to pretty much be a bummer. If every day were like this, I would end up with a bummer-of-a-life!
If you’re having a bummer-of-a-day, check yo’ thoughts! Your thoughts color your world, your reality--your soul. Here are my go to pick me ups and resources for positive thoughts galore:
1. Get your sweet soul to a yoga class. (Seriously---yoga is my cure all for any less than colorful, less than beautiful thoughts. Even just a few poses that get me upside down turn my mind right side up.)
2. Get out that inspiring book. The one you can count on to bring some soul-shining goodness into your being. Read just a chapter, or even a few lines. I looove Marianne Williamson and have two of her books in arms reach almost at all times:) Usually one is kinda all crumpled in my purse;)
3. Find an uplifting movie to lift your spirits. Disney anyone? Tangled, Frozen, Up-- maybe an inspiring documentary that will make you weep with joy? Just make sure whatever you watch has a happy ending;)
4. Go for a walk. Even if it’s raining. The fresh air, nature, being closer to the earth will change your mood and freshen your soul. I always find that whenever I’ve been inside for more than 3 or 4 hours, I’m desperate to get outside. Just go:)
5. Embrace it. Every season, every mood has its benefits and happens for a particular reason. Make a cup of peppermint tea and stay awhile:)
What do you like to do when you're feeling down? How do you raise your vibrations and get your mind back on the beautiful side of life? I'd love to hear from you in the comments!
Wishing you many sunny, bright days ahead---